Thursday, November 6, 2014

Autobiography- Stream of Consciousness


          “3! 2! 1! Aaaang!” That was the buzzer ringing as my team loses to the other team by a point. Basketball, to me, is not only a fun sport to play but is my life. Ever since I was in elementary school, I decided to pick up a ball and started dribbling it and once I saw that it came naturally to me, I loved the game ever since. The high anticipated crowd watching your every move, the competition of the game and the fact that one team will leave as losers and the other as winners, the push to keep driving even when you’re tired, and the fun are all reasons why the game of basketball is so fun. And when I realized that I was good enough to even make it to the high school basketball team, my life revolved around basketball and basketball was my turning point.
          Basketball has given me so much in life. Basketball itself, is not only fun, but also gave me a lot of connections with friends and different people. Also, watching the NBA and trying to relate it to my game and skills is so fun to me. Looking at my role models such Lebron James, Damian Lillard, and more, it changed my view of how to play the game and how to really be effective. A lot of people may view basketball as just a sport to play and exercise but really there are so many different aspects of it. Basketball is almost the best worldwide sport played and mostly everyone knows how to play. Through this common knowledge, people are able to interact and connect more through it. I may sound superfluous and sound as if I am worshipping the sport of basketball but looking at all the players and people I know, I can honestly say that it can really change one’s life.
          I would really love to dedicate my life to basketball. Whether playing it professionally, or being a coach, or making videos, I would do anything to get a connection with my job and basketball. Basketball is really life and I wouldn’t be who I am without basketball because to many people, I’m just that one Asian baller who could shoot and dribble really well. It has given me my connections with a lot of people and I’m sure that it would give me a lot more in the future because of the people I know who have dedicated their life to basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment